Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jan 26, 2012

It's day 4 of our Thrive Across Hawaii Challenge at work. Basically you log the time you perform aerobic exercise and based on the time spent exercising will unlock various "locations" across the state of Hawaii. So eventually after the 11 week program you will have "walked" across all the Hawaiian islands. My work has partnered with Kaiser Permanente for the challenge and as you unlock the locations you see pictures of points of interest and you see your little avatar change location on the map. It's actually very rewarding and motivating.

My team consists of 4 people and we've all committed to walk the maximum of 60 minutes a day. This week I'm in training and have been taking the bus into work and then walking home, rather than taking advantage of the free parking that is such an anomaly here in Honolulu.

So far I have walked over 1 hour each day! I'm feeling really good, am sleeping better at night and am finding it lots more easier to pay attention in my training classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment