Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1st milestone

I was looking through some old pictures and stumbled upon a picture of me from EXACTLY one year ago today.... January 17, 2011. It is a HORRIBLE picture of me that I would NEVER EVER want to show anyone, but it made me excited to see that I've actually made some improvements to my appearance since then. 
Here is the awful picture

It is so shocking to see myself in this state. I don't look very happy and I look TERRIBLE! I happen to still have this exact outfit and tried it on.

Here is what I look like today....still NOT perfect and still have a long way to go but looking much better.


IMG_0386 IMG_0385

I've been so busy this past year dwelling on the fact that I haven't lost any pounds that I didn't even notice some pretty significant changes. As you can see I have DEFINITELY made some improvement and it is just enough to keep me motivated. Consistency is the key! I'm so proud of myself for actually TRYING to exercise more than I have in years . The past 6 months I have been inconsistent with exercise  and even very sporadic for the month of December but a little effort really has made a BIG difference. I am looking forward to what trying a little more regularly could accomplish!

2 comments:

  1. You look awesome Sommer! and 9 miles is incredible! Way to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you totally look different! Way to go. That's awesome. I think the scale is really discouraging. Ours broke a while ago, it was stuck on 210 so I threw it away. But I noticed I get the kind of results like my jeans fitting better or my double chin looking better...rather than a dramatic number on the scale. So I say do less weighing and enjoy more when your clothes fit better!

    I think it's great how much more active you're being. I was thinking today how important it is to be healthier...not just to look nice but so I can be around longer for my kids and grandkids...and maybe even great grandkids. So I want to be more active everyday...for years to come;0)

    ReplyDelete