Tuesday, January 17, 2012

9 Mile hike!

After being all motivated at my shrinking figure, Scotty and I went on a hike. It wasn't until we were ON the hike that I learned it was 9 miles! only to learn at the end is was ACTUALLY 9.2 miles!

IMG_0497

This is the farthest hike I have EVER done to date and don't plan on doing another one anytime soon.

As you know I don't really enjoy hiking, but I tried to stay positive and "enjoy" the journey. I liked this hike because it was cool and shady and not too steep....until the very end as you climb to the "saddle" summit.  (I didn't know what Scotty was talking about when he kept saying we were hiking to the saddle in the ridge- and then figured it out when I saw the point between 2 ridges that dipped down in the middle like a "saddle".)

What I liked about the hike:
- I felt skinner as my pants kept sliding down, so Scotty "McGyvered" my waist band using nothing but a shoe string and a rock! The picture is a little embarrassing cuz it looks like I have a little tail (like George Costanza from the movie Shallow Hal). But it sure made me lots more comfy. Please disregard my little flat Native bum and stretch marks :oP


- There were lots of pretty flowers, I took this picture...almost as good as Scotty's huh?

IMG_0419
- I took a little nap at the top while Scotty took pictures (unfortunately of me...)

IMG_1198
(I'm just missing Edward next to me in my grassy field here lol!)

- Scotty carried EVERYTHING so I felt light and free

- I wasn't sore! Except my feet being a little tired and achy I felt great! I attribute this to the walking I'm doing now.

What I didn't like about the hike:
- I took a spill coming down the ridge - my face broke my fall into a bunch of scratchy ferns- so NOT fun.
- We only ate a snack pack of cheese nips, a granola and clif bar and I had very little energy by the end.
- it was 9.2 miles

It was definitely a successful hike where the complaining from me was impressively minimal.

IMG_0498
(I am so glad to be done!)
Check out more pictures on our Flickr page and coming up on Scotty's Stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Your tail really looks like a tail! Hahahahahaha. You're brave for posting that for me to laugh at. heehee. I'm totally AMAZED that you did it though. Gaylon and I someday want to hike down to Havasupai and it's like 19 miles (I think) and I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it! But I so want to get some pretty pictures;0) Good job, you guys are awesome! And you and your silly Edward picture in the meadow! HA! I like your new blog;0) It'll be fun to keep up on our "progress" or lack there of!

    ReplyDelete