Sunday, August 18, 2013

Re-starting ......again....

I just published my post "The Hiking Hoveys" and realized the last time I updated my success blog I had just completed the Thrive Challenge at work. I re-read my post and felt a little nostalgic about the "old" me. After over a year of physical inactivity I'm hoping to eventually get back to where I was, because I was feeling very successful on a physical level for the first time in a LONG time.

After everything I've been through this past year and a half my priorities have changed. I've forgotten some of the things that were so meaningful to me and one of those things was how I began enjoying my walks. While on bed rest and while recovering I yearned to be able to exercise. Now that I can I've made other things more important.  I want to get back on track and am feeling grateful for the few small steps I've made so far. After all even the small wins contribute to big success. I'm happy to report that I'm at least walking once a week  thanks to my friend Jen who walks with me on Fridays and Janeen who walks with me on Sunday mornings. I'm also hiking every Saturday thanks to my beloved Scotty.

It may not be ideal........
                                       it's far from perfect.................
                                                                                          but you gotta re-start from somewhere right?

20130817-IMG_6377

No comments:

Post a Comment